Since 1996, MMA and SDG have been jointly organizing Global Management Challenge in Hong Kong, inviting thousands of youngsters (university students and working executives) in testing their management knowledge. This international competition consists of a Strategic Management Simulation, in which each team runs a Company with the objective of finishing with the highest company share price on the simulated Stock Exchange.
HOW TO PLAY?
Each team consists of 3 – 5 members, and is divided into 7 -8 groups by draw. Each round requires five financial quarters of decisions and the team that has achieved the highest share price shall advance to the next level.
GMC comprise of First Round, Second Round and a Regional Final. Company history which states company past performances and its present position are available at competition website
for teams to download. Decisions surrounding Marketing, Finance, Production and Human Resources are entered online according to the Game Calendar schedule. At the end of each financial quarter team will receive a Management Report from the Game Administrator detailing the latest economic consequences and company’s performance after such decisions.
Those who are interested must register at our GMC website - www.worldgmc.com/hongkong
, confirmation of registration is going to be sent to participants through e-mail.
- Each team receives information(Company History) about the Company it is about to run;
- Outlines a Corporate Strategy;
- Launches its Strategy by making functional decisions in different areas of the Company (Marketing, Production, Human Resources and Finances).
- Then, it submits its Management Decisions (Decision sheet) to the Simulator via the Internet.
The Simulator then analyses and compares the teams' decisions and produces a Management Report for each team, showing the detailed results in financial and operational terms.
This process is repeated over Five Developing Decision Periods during the Competition, simulating a year and a quarter of the companies activity.
Documentation used in the competition
- Manual – Explains the organisation and functions of the company.
- Company history – Details its performance in the previous five quarters.
- Decision sheet – Submits the management decisions to the simulator, within a restricted area of the organiser's web site;
- Management report – Produced once the simulator analyses and compares the teams' decisions showing the detailed outcome in financial and operational terms.
Using the team's Username and Password, within the restricted area of the organiser's web site, the teams submit their management decisions and consult/download their Management Report.
All the teams can, at any time, consult its Company History, the Manual, the Competition's Calendar and its Team's classification/ranking for each Decision Period, in the organiser's web site.
Every year, there is an International Final of the Global Management Challenge, in which the Winning Teams of each participating Country compete with one another.
For more informations, please click the links below:
GLOBAL MANAGEMENT CHALLENGE RULES
GLOBAL MANAGEMENT CHALLENGE History